Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Flowers Part I

My MOH's family is a huge part of our lives. Her father married us and her mom offered to spearhead out centerpieces. While she was up for the challenge of the bouquets, etc. I decided to go the professional route for those. Unfortunately, I liked our DIY flowers SO much more than our pro-personal flowers.

After the rehearsal dinner was through, I "invited" my bridesmaids, moms and MOH's mom up to my suite to help me arrange all of our centerpieces. I had warned them all that I was counting on their help and they were all up for the challenge (of course)!
I had purchased all of glassware at a local thrift store. I bought bud vases, cylinder vases, fish bowl vases-basically anything that was plain. I spent under $40 on all of the vases for the entire wedding.
The morning of the rehearsal, my brother and I headed to the wholesale flower mart where we had made a pre-order. Friday mornings at a large wholesale flower market can be NUTS and this Friday morning was no exception. They did not have many of the flowers I had requested, but I was somehow able to do a super-market sweep style run through the freezing refridgerator room with lightening speed. We ended up with JUST the right amount of flowers. Tons of dahlias, hydrangea, mums, spray roses along with beautiful, hand-selected "filler".

My hotel suite soon became a centerpiece factory and we were done with everything in just over an hour. I could not have been happier with how they turned out. No two were alike and all of the colors really popped!

No comments:

Post a Comment