Thursday, March 20, 2008

Big, Black Bar

Sitting high above me as I endlessly look at venues, photogs and caterers is a very large, dark cloud. This thick, black, bleak cloud is called The California Bar. I avoid thinking about it all costs, but unfortunately it is exactly what I will be preparing for as soon as I graduate from law school. In my efforts to pretend as if I will be the first person in California history to practice law in the Golden State without passing said bar, I have been burying myself in wedding "research". Priorities you ask? So, today as I tried to explain to DF that I had spoken with our first photography candidate, he looked at me like I was a crazy person. "Can we please just be engaged?" he pleaded, "Can you just focus on school and then start wedding planning?"

Can I?

Yes, I realized in that moment that he was right. I am obsessing. And if I keep this up, I'm going to regret not putting the proper effort into my extremely expensive schooling.

So, what's a girl to do? My initial idea is to limit my "research" to certain times. No more knot.com in class....and no more staying up late searching photographers....promise! I'm going to limit myself to 2 nights a week. That's it! It's going to be tough....

So, in the midst of feeling like my priorities are completely out of whack, I finally registered for the bar. I'd like to say it felt great, but it kind of felt like volunteering to go to prison.

1 comment:

  1. Hey if you ever need a condensed Wedding coffee sesh again - let me know, I'm you're girl! We can squash as much wedding talk as possible into as little as an hour! ;)

    ReplyDelete