Sunday, October 28, 2012

One Month Old!

I just have to say this-this month FLEW. I've seen moms write this before, but never, ever understood how fast time could go. I feel like we just left the hospital yesterday. I just can't believe it.

Today Ellie and I went to the Dr. for her one month well check. B is back to work so we were flying solo. I made sure we had plenty of time to get ready this morning, and also scheduled her appointment for a time were she was to be napping. Fully belly. Clean diaper, sleepy girl-it worked out very well. I brought her in her car seat and snapped it into our Maclaren easy traveller stroller  She was an angel for the Dr. and the Dr. agrees that she is a perfect baby.



She is now 9lbs 3oz, up from 7lb 8oz at birth and 7lb4oz at her two week check. She has grown to 21 3/4 inches. She is right around the 50th percentile for both height and weight. I kind of have to laugh because we really thought she'd be a big baby. I'm so glad she's growing and is considered "normal". It really is so fulfilling to know I have a healthy, growing baby!

We are just starting to move out of the newborn clothes. They still fit her around, but the sleepers and onesies are just too short. We've also moved into size one diapers. She's still too small for most of our cloth diapers, but we are making use of the prefolds/covers. I haven't been keeping up with the laundry like I should be, so we're using them about two days a week.

Eloise at One Month:

Weight: 9lbs 3oz
Height: 21.75 inches
Head:   14.29 inches
Diaper size-using up the newborns but mostly size 1 and newborn GMD Prefolds
Clothing Size-just moving out of newborn
Milestones: lots of kicking movements, strong grasp and good eye contact. Lifting head well. Sleeping about 4-6 hours a night and feeding every three hours during the day.
Events to Remember: 10/6/12-Auntie J's 30th birthday was your first trip to San Francisco.
                                     10/21/12-First bottle of mommy's milk fed by Grandma (you took it but were very
                                     confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment