Sunday, March 31, 2013

6 Months

Eloise is now half a year old. It's impossible. I just had her. I just brought her home. But alas. The calendar tells no lies.

It seems like a lot has changed for you this month. You are staying awake longer during the day and are so aware of your surroundings. You are interested in absolutely everything around you and I can tell already that you will be the kid who doesn't want to miss out on anything. We usually have to nurse in a quiet location so you aren't constantly rubbernecking.

Your motor skills really sharpened this month. You seem to have such great control of your head and your hands. You are great at grabbing what you want. You also love to kick your feet, which has made bath time pretty fun!
We went to a wine tasting event with our friends and decided to take you along. I'm glad we did. We had a lot of fun and you enjoyed the people watching!
Our Camellia bush was in full bloom this month. I tried to get a shot of  before our walk in the Bumbleride.
Sitting up on you changing table. Those cloth diapers really help to achieve some balance!
Maverick got to join you at Nana's while I worked one day. You both loved it. You are really starting to notice Maverick more, even if he rarely gives you the time of day. You light up every time he walks by. I know he will come around soon.

Out to dinner with daddy. You love to be out an about and are usually very cooperative while we eat. You usually attract the attention of our dining neighbors and you just eat up the attention.
Wearing your firetruck jammies from Uncle Timmy who was just hired as a firefighter! We are all so excited for him to head down his dream career path!

First St. Patrick's Day! Daddy made his famous corned beef and cabbage and we celebrated together. 

Impromptu photo session with your mint green skinny jeans. You were still a little wobbly in this picture, so the pillow was helping to prop you up. But you are sitting up on your own now!


My sweet little baby girl. You are just the best thing. We love you so much.
I love this moment. Reading the Sunday paper with Daddy and looking very suspicious of that Safeway ad!


Eloise at Six Months

Weight: 12lbs 11oz 
Height:   23.75 inches
Head:    41.5 cm
Diaper size- same
Clothing Size: 6 months 

Milestones:  It seems like E has really fine tuned her motor skills. Her dexterity and hand eye coordination have improved by leaps and bounds. She's holding her bottle when Daddy or her sitters feed her. She loves her toys and knows how to get them to work. Her head control is better and better and she is now sitting up unassisted. This just started within the last couple days. 

Sleep:  Waking up 1-2 times a night. I haven't been letting her cry as I'm trying to make sure she's eating well. She's slept through a few times, and once I stop worrying about her growth, I'll be back to the mom's on call sleep routine. 

She's completely  out of the swaddle and now sleeping on her tummy. It was something I tried during a nap and she slept so well we decided to do it at night. I know it's not recommended, but with her ability to roll over and head control, I felt better about it. It's definitely her preference at this point. 

Naps have gotten SO much better. It took about a week but she's finally napping in her crib when we are home. The only problem is she will only sleep for about 30-one hour in the crib and she then seems tired pretty quickly afterwards. I'd love to have two 1.5-2 hour naps but I'll take what we can get. 


Favorite Toys: books! She loves books and loves to have me read to her. We had to get to the library in order to add enough variety for me to stay sane. It's her favorite pre-nap ritual. I hope she grows up to enjoy reading. 

Still obsessed with the fisher price vanity toy. It's one of my favorite toys as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment