Thursday, January 22, 2009

WeWa Week: ?

So I've technically been on Weight Watchers for about 8 weeks, but I took a three week holiday hiatus (oh the shame!) and gained the lbs. (that I had quickly lost)-- back.






The good news: I have been completely back on track since NYE. I know, a whole day earlier than the rest of the world! I have been making mini goals almost every day and it's completely helping. WW is going great, but I've also been walking and working-out more than I have in months! It feels amazing and I finally feel like I'm back on a roll. I still need to re-lose a lot of what I gained back since my graduation, but I'm not looking back anymore. Only forward. So far I'm about 7lbs down! Not bad, but not great. I have a goal to lose 5 more by Valentine's day, and I know I can do it!


The WW website offers a 12 week "Buff Bride Challenge". I love a good challenge, so I plan on starting it next week. My arms need some serious work.

My new favorite discovery is that blockbuster online has workout DVDs to rent! I really do love working out at home, since it eliminates the whole, "I don't want to drive to the gym" excuse (a big one for me), and now that I can really switch it up, I also eliminate the, "I'm sick of this workout" excuse.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. I took a hiatus and gained some weight too, girl! No worries. We know what we have to do. I've been contemplating the Weight Watchers thing...I've never tried it, but I might need some more guidance. I basically just make up my food rules on my own based on things I've picked up on as working for my body over the years. I'll bug you by email if I need more insight! ;-) I love the idea of the 12-week challenge though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight Watchers is my life. Honestly, I swear by it.
    As for the videos, I love the "Shape Magazine" Bikini Bootcamp series of videos. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried yoga or pilates? Def. was a must have for me. You'll feel leaner and get an amazing core workout! Try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use fitnessmagazine.com alot. It has free workout videos in all different kinds of workouts.

    ReplyDelete