Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dear Baby,

I can't believe I get to meet you in a matter of days. It is so surreal and all of a sudden I feel so unprepared for you.

Daddy and I keep mentioning our "lasts" before you come. Was last weeks 49er game the last we will watch without you? Is this our last date night for a while? Is this the last time I'll be able to get my hair cut and colored and not be in a rush to leave? It's really hard to even imagine what life will be like. But I can't wait for it. Now that my restrictions are lifted, I'm in a much better mood. I've been cleaning and running errands and doing all the things I've been wanting to do in order to prepare for your arrival. Daddy and I had a spa day together-just mani/pedis but it was really relaxing and I love that he's not embarrassed to come with me!

Your room is just about complete and it's a very happy space. I've struggled with what to put on the walls, so that's still in progress but everything else is prepped and ready for you. You have been given so many clothes, it's ridiculous. Daddy's friend R gave us three totes full of girls clothing and other baby items that his little girl wore. We have 0-9months hung in your closet and we do not have room for one more item. Now that you are "full term" I'm wondering how big you will be and how long you will fit in some of the tiny outfits we have. As much as I love and appreciate all of your gifted clothes, mama has not been able to buy much! I think I've only bought you about 4 items of clothing. You'll realize soon how much restraint that has required on my behalf.

Your grandparents are on pins and needles waiting for "the call". So far I've felt nothing more than a couple slight cramps that don't last long. Otherwise, I feel fantastic. We are sleeping like champs and my energy is somewhat stable, although we have sneaked in a couple afternoon naps with daddy since he's been working really early lately.

I'm feeling anxious about your birth, about how it will all go down and how soon you will come. I really don't want to be induced and really, really don't want a c section. After all we've been through, I know I just want a healthy baby at the end, but I'd love to have an experience that I will remember fondly. The car has been ready to go for the past week. Cameras are charged, outfits are out, it's just a matter of time, now!

I'm so excited to reveal your name to our family and friends. So far daddy calls your by your nickname almost exclusively and I wonder if anyone will stick with your full name. I adore both, so I know I'll use them interchangeably. I hope you are healthy and strong in there and hope that you are getting ready to meet us. I can't wait to hold you and see your face!

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    This post brought tears to my eyes. Thinking about all that you have gone through. For this moment to be here, it's truly amazing! I am so very excited for you and your husband. What an exciting time for you guys!! I can't wait to hear when she comes, and her sweet little name!!!! Thank you for sharing this journey!!! Pryaing for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete