Monday, April 14, 2008

dress dread


Amsale Vienna
Amsale Lace

Monique Lhuillier Fall 2007
Yes-I'm dreading shopping for my dress. First, I don't want to be limited by my weight. I want to get a size or two down before I even begin to shop for dresses. Secondly, I don't want to spend a lot on a dress-like I could care less about brand but am very concerned with fit. Lastly, I really have no idea what is going to look good on me, skinny or not-so-skinny. Nevertheless, I've clicked and saved a few dresses that truly remind me of "me". They are all rather similar and all...well...lacy! Who would have thunk?
This is one of the first pictures I ever saved. Unfortunately I have no idea where it's from. But I love the bolero idea. The second one is more "poofy" than I'd probably want, but the top is just so flattering. edit: Thanks to Aletha of Pearls Events akaKnottie MrsPinkAJV for the great info : her Mori Lee gown via Netbride was only $230! Can you say WOW?!



Elegant Two Piece Gown From Knottie Mrs Pink AJV

Check out this budget-friendly Find:

Julius Bridal Stephenie $499 + $55 s/h

Now that I look at them all together, I realize they are really similar. I think the lace gives such a romantic feel. While I do plan on slimming down between now and OCt 2009-I don't know if I'll be comfortable in the typical strapless number.I am busty-so I do love a v-neck.

So now it's just time to fit in to those samples!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see which dress you ultimately choose! I love all those styles - I had a hard time nixing lace from my dress palette, but I'm glad to see someone else embracing it!

    By the way - tag you're it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm knottie MrsPinkAJV and just realized you had a photo of me in your bio. I totally loved it--and I originally didn't want a "poufy" dress either, but when I put that one on (which was only $230 through NetBride--it's MoriLee) I LOVED IT! Thanks for the shoutout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for the info Aletha! I love your knottie bio. Can't wait to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the V-neck too... *so* much more flattering on almost every girl (but certainly the larger-buster) than strapless.

    You have lovely taste... I like all your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm more than a tad late commenting here, but it seemed the appropriate place to stop by and say hi. I'm so glad you found my blog! I've just been clicking around and this post about dresses...gosh. I feel it so completely. Everything you said echoed exactly how I felt about dress shopping when I got engaged. All I can say is it is SO MUCH FUN! Seriously. I finally had to convince myself to see what was in the mirror not what used to be in the mirror. I had to stop being scared and nervous and just jump into and it proved to be a fabulous experience. It was both rewarding for all the weight I have lost and inspiration to keep it going. I am now officially stalking your blog so we can keep tabs on our progress both weight wise and with the weddings! :-)

    ReplyDelete