Sunday, May 4, 2008

Inviting Invites

As much as I would love to DIY my own wedding invitations, I know that I myself do not have the patience nor talent to go it alone. I have a couple of friends who I could enlist to help, but I'm still not sold on the idea completely. I do plan on doing a budget friendly invite, but am willing to spend a little more to make sure they look professional. I've been scouring the web for ideas for a long time and am still soaking it all in. Looking at sample invites is a great way to come up with a theme, design, color palette or even a venue! Many local invite-makers post samples with the name of the venue listed.

This letterpress invite from Costco was the very first invitation I ever saved. At that time I had no idea what letterpress was, more importantly I had no idea how much letterpress cost! I love the simplicity and romance of this particular invite.

Bella Flora Letter press Invite via Costco

I'd love to have a motif to use throughout the wedding. I'm toying with the monogram idea, but would also love to have something like the top two invitations below. I also love the clean look of the bottom two.

All invitations via Brides

The only "motif" I've been able to come up with thus far is the tree. My top-choice venue has a lovely old oak tree on the property. They do claim you can get married under it although I've yet to see anyone who has as it looks a bit steep, but it is quite lovely and is the logo for the venue. There's something very timeless, romantic and relaxing about a big tree. I loved all four of these invites the moment I saw them.


Clockwise from top left: paper presence, the knot.com,larkpress, kenziekate

Writing this makes me realize that I desperately need to start thinking colors. I'm still overhwelmed in that department and just can't seem to narrow it down! More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment