Sunday, May 4, 2008

Inviting Invites

As much as I would love to DIY my own wedding invitations, I know that I myself do not have the patience nor talent to go it alone. I have a couple of friends who I could enlist to help, but I'm still not sold on the idea completely. I do plan on doing a budget friendly invite, but am willing to spend a little more to make sure they look professional. I've been scouring the web for ideas for a long time and am still soaking it all in. Looking at sample invites is a great way to come up with a theme, design, color palette or even a venue! Many local invite-makers post samples with the name of the venue listed.

This letterpress invite from Costco was the very first invitation I ever saved. At that time I had no idea what letterpress was, more importantly I had no idea how much letterpress cost! I love the simplicity and romance of this particular invite.

Bella Flora Letter press Invite via Costco

I'd love to have a motif to use throughout the wedding. I'm toying with the monogram idea, but would also love to have something like the top two invitations below. I also love the clean look of the bottom two.

All invitations via Brides

The only "motif" I've been able to come up with thus far is the tree. My top-choice venue has a lovely old oak tree on the property. They do claim you can get married under it although I've yet to see anyone who has as it looks a bit steep, but it is quite lovely and is the logo for the venue. There's something very timeless, romantic and relaxing about a big tree. I loved all four of these invites the moment I saw them.


Clockwise from top left: paper presence, the knot.com,larkpress, kenziekate

Writing this makes me realize that I desperately need to start thinking colors. I'm still overhwelmed in that department and just can't seem to narrow it down! More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. warhammer gold warhammer money warhammer accounts tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape money runescape gold runescape gp runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling cheap rs2 powerleveling runescape equipment buy rs equipment runescape runes cheap rs2 runes runescape logs cheap rs2 logs runescape items buy runescape items runescape quest point rs2 quest point cheap runescape questpoint runescape gold runescape items runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape accounts runescape gp runescape accounts runescape money runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling tibia gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling runescape questpoint rs2 questpoint Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling Hellgate money Hellgate gold buy runescape logs buy rs2 items cheap runescape items Hellgate London gold Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape items rs2 accounts cheap rs2 equipments lotro gold buy lotro gold buy runescape money buy runescape gold buy runescape runes lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling eve isk eve online isk buy runescape power leveling rs2 power leveling tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts Fiesta Silver Fiesta Gold Scions of Fate Gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium SOF Gold Age Of Conan Gold AOC Gold ArchLord gold tibia money tibia gold runescape accounts runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling buy ArchLord gold DDO Plat Dungeons and Dragons Online Plat

    ReplyDelete