Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Girls

I think I've finally settled on a bm dress idea. I just can't stop thinking about different colors for each bm. And I'm still stuck on the berry idea. I told the girls that I want knee length, fun, party dresses in various shades of berry pink and plum purple. They love the idea, but we're realizing how hard it's going to be. Just to keep me from going back to all navy dresses, I've been scouring the web for mis-matched bridesmaids. Take a look. It can be done my friends! Color inspiration. Love the shades in this bouquet.

photo: Stephanie Williams Photography


Yeah mismatched!

Very close to the color scheme I'm looking for. Not a fan of this dress or the fabric, but I love the varying colors.
Love this dress from Calypso. I love that smocked flower girl dress too...

Top 4 Photos: The Knot



I love how none of these girls are wearing bridesmaids dresses. This is what I want-just a fun dress!
photo: via Once Wed

Beautiful. Love those pops of color against the green grass.

photo: Casey Cunningham Photography
Now the real fun begins. Five bridesmaids, four different cities, two states. It's on!

16 comments:

  1. that bouquet is gorgeous! i also love that mismatched picture with the yellow and pink bm dresses. nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooove the first picture of mis-matched ladies. It's making me rethink having the girls match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ladies will also be in different colors and different dresses: one in deep purple, one in chocolate brown, and one in cinnamon brown. They are each choosing their own knee-length to tea-length dress. I am so excited to see what they will choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I found your bog thru Ashlyn's blog and love it! I LOVE the idea of the berry colors and that bouquet is gorgeous! You have agreat taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pictures and I love the idea of mixed BM dresses in berry colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You can totally do it.

    You're welcome for posting, thanks for reading. :)

    Have a good week! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love the idea of mismatched BMs. I gave mine a fabric and a color and told them to choose the style. By the way...thanks for reading my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a fairly big bridal party too... i'm contemplating the shades or the mismatched but same color look
    RelentlessBride

    ReplyDelete
  9. Varying shades of berry will look very pretty! Good luck BM dress shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still loving the eye candy in this gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, stumbled upon your blog and love it.. I love all the different shades too! I'm going to do the same dress but! We're going to do different flowers for each girl and I want them to have funky shoes... My way of making it work... GOod luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea too! I am allowing my bridesmaids to choose from two different styles in the same color... and then my maid of honor has her own style in the same color. However...the dresses are not all the exact same fabric, so they will look a little different in the photos. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those Calypso dresses in different colors. Such a fun idea to have different styles and shades. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my gals are also wearing calypso dresses in different colors. they're not the ones in the picture, but it's nice to see what it could potentially look like! love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love mismatched bm dresses also and I think the berry look is going to be great!

    I love this post on mismatching bm dresses. Would you mind if I feature you on my blog (http://ShannaChoungEvents.blogspot.com/)?

    ReplyDelete