Monday, August 27, 2012

34 Weeks!

How Far Along: 34 Weeks done! Starting week 35 today and couldn't be happier to still be pregnant!

Size of Baby as Relative to Common Household Fruit or Vegetable: Baby is the size of a cantaloupe and about 18 inches long. Our ultrasound guessed baby weighs about 5lbs 9oz at 34w4 days! 


Weight Gain:  25 lbs!
Gender: Sweet little girl

Movement: Her movements have slowed down slightly. She still makes her kick counts, but I can tell she's running out of room and not stretching out as much. I can definitely feel where she is. Her butt and her back are easy to find. 

Sleep:  sleeping pretty well!

What I miss: My energy. I get worn out so easily!
Cravings: Pretzels and fruit! 

Symptoms: feeling some swelling in my hands and feet again. Back pain just comes and goes depending on how long I stay in a certain position. I'm definitely tired, but overall feeling good. I've been obnoxiously hungry for the past two weeks. A couple nights I've laid in bed with a grumbling stomach and had to get up for a midnight snack. I feel like the biggest pregnant cliche!
Best moment of the week: definitely my last appointment with the perinates. I was not sure what to expect and part of me thought they would tell me the cerclage needed to be removed early, that I was dilating etc etc. I was expecting the worst. So when everything looked really good, I was so shocked and excited. Scheduling the cerclage removal was surreal. I'd never really thought I'd get there!
Worst moment of the week: B has come down with a summer cold and I can feel myself catching it. I really hope it passes quickly as there is always a chance baby will be here soon!

My next little victory for myself is to make it to September. I'm so close, yet August feels so long with it's damn 31 days and all. But I'm feeling more and more confident that I will see September with a baby in my belly. My OB is convinced that I will go full term, but I have a feeling it wont be long after cerclage removal. At that point I'll set a weekly goal to make it to the end. But I've told myself I'll just be happy with a September baby. Less than a week to go!

1 comment:

  1. You've made it SO FAR! Congrats! A little September baby sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete