Saturday, July 5, 2008

Say Yes to the [Sleeved] Dress!

I just saw that TLC's 'Say Yes to the Dress' will be starting up on July 15. I discovered the show last year during an all day marathon and was instantly hooked. From Claudia and Elise going at it, to the seriously strange dresses the brides+family gushed over, it was pure comedy.

In honor of this random plug, I thought I should post about my updated dress ideas.

Image in top left and top right corners: unknown source Top Row Middle Image from Knottie MrsPinkAJV aka Aletha of Pearls Events Second row: 1st Image: Mrs. Mek, 2nd image Sabine's Photography

The above board represents my 2-piece, sleeved favorites. They are lacy, the boleros can be removed and I'm loving them! The inconsistency lies with the bottom. I don't have a favorite style when it comes to the bottom. I'm more concerned with framing my chest/face nicely. The bottom will be determined once I try on. The only prerequisite is that I can seriously dance in it. DF and I can get down...

Manuel Mota Gown via BridesUK

Oh my, the above image seriously blew my mind. I found it while browsing the UK Brides (which made me miss it over there so bad! I love the Brits!). Wouldn't it look awesome with a long, sleek pony-tail? I fell for the lines, the sleeves and the neckline. Apparently they believe in sleeves across the pond! It was like a breath of fresh air. Nothing against the strapless gowned-brides, but goodness, a girl needs options! Below is the only strapless gown that I have found appealing. I never thought I'd go for a sweetheart neckline, but it really looks good on a busty bride (busty bride right here).

Sweetheart strapless via Knottie Bio Lovely24
Bio found via Pearl's Events
Dress: Fantastic Finds (Justin Alexander 8282 in Natural)

The below image was also found while browsing gowns from the UK. This one looks like something that could currently be hanging in my closet. The wrap look, low cut...very me. I wish it had some lace, but boy does it look comfy.

Juliet Poyser gown via Brides UK
This next one doesn't really remind me of myself at all, but I still found it to be so beautiful. Again, it's from the UK.

Image via Brides UK

These gowns give me hope that I will be able to find something that is both flattering and comfortable. So glad to see that sleeves are making a comeback.

5 comments:

  1. hooray for sleeved/not-strapless dresses!
    mine is maggie sottero's eleganza- http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S350

    it has straps rather than sleeves, but no open back, and a beautiful neckline. i too wanted something other than the bride-in-a-tube strapless gown...

    thanks for showing such gorgeous alternatives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ames (why do I want to call you Ame's - does anyone else call you that?!)!

    That Manuel Mota dress is the FIRST dress with lace that I truly LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut out a picture of that 3rd dress ages ago. I wish I had enough money to have a dress custom made, because it would be one of my top contenders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi...I know that this msg may be late...but please please could you let me know the name of Manuel Mot's dress with laced sleeves. As I fell in loe with it and have tried so many on and none suit me. This dress covers me up in all the right places that I'm conscious of...it would be amazing if I could get it...please msg me on jct4jc@hotmail.com.x

    ReplyDelete