Monday, July 7, 2008

Thank You Fiancé, Thank You George

As soon as entered our home I could smell it. Rainbow chip. Fresh out of the oven. Still warm. Pre-frosting. He got it. He didn't confuse it with funfetti like in year one, he didn't wait to bake it until after dinner. My only birthday wish: fulfilled.


Randomly, my DF bakes the best cakes I have ever tasted in my entire life. Better than any baker, better than grandma (I almost feel bad typing that, but it's true). His secret? The George Foreman Roaster. It's large, we use it for nothing else, but it bakes one mean cake. I'm not sure when DF first tried to make a cake in it, but it was long before me because I was introduced to the deliciousness of the Foreman roaster cakes immediately upon move-in. Because it's so bulky we keep it in one of the hard to reach storage cabinets, but it made an apperance today for #25. If you happen to have access to a George Foreman Roaster, I urge you to bake a cake in it immeditately (it comes with a cake tray) you will not be dissapointed. And you can thank me later.
photos: amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment