Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A room for our little girl!


I had been thinking about the nursery for a while. I knew that for both boy or girl I wanted a white Jenny Lind crib. I also knew that either way, I wanted to focus more on colors and patterns rather than a distinct "theme".
This was one of the first nursery photos I saved. Love the cribs and the pops of color! image via Nina's Blog

Once we knew we were having a girl, I started to really think about colors and such. I think most of my friends and family would have predicted I do a somewhat shabby chic, or more elegant, neutral pink room with flowers and such. But for some reason, I just don't want to do my usual thing. I want this room to be fun. I want it to look clean and fresh, just like a baby.

It all started with a Maytag commercial. I fell in LOVE with these polka dot sheets about 2 weeks before we knew it was a girl. I loved the colors and especially loved the polka dots. So cute without being too frilly.

Then, my brother gifted us this onesie. And I again fell in love with this color combo. In one moment I pictured exactly what I wanted.
Very light, aqua walls, all white furniture and pops of color in the bedding and art on the wall. And, I wanted polka dots! It's been a little difficult to find bedding in this color scheme. Most "girl" bedding is more pastel or has some sort of butterfly or flower. But, I'm excited to do something a little out of my normal style.

I've made some purchases already...but I'll have to save those for another post!

1 comment: