Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shopping at Motherhood



I just had one of the best shopping experiences of my life. B took me on a date day/night today. We woke up early, went out to breakfast and decided to spend the day having some fun,window shopping and enjoying some time somewhere new. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, a favorite that I don't get nearly enough and then made our way to the mall across the street where I knew there were a couple maternity stores.

I'm not showing at all yet, but I know it will happen eventually and I want some things around just in case! I heard that Motherhood carried plus size, so I stopped there first. I had a mental list: jeans, cropped jeans, cropped black pants, work slacks and maybe a dress.

I was in luck! They had everything in my size, and had a buy one, get one 50% off on all bottoms! I could not believe how cute everything was. They literally had everything I came in for. Everything fit and I just loved the way it all looked. I even tried on the little "bump" belt they had in the fitting room to make sure everything would still look ok with a larger baby bump. So fun!
Happy shopper! My only complaint was the hot lights in the dressing rooms. Whew--I was one sweaty mama to be!

Even with the sale, I spent quite a bit more than I had planned, but as far as pants go...I am set! I was so stoked. B was happy to see me so happy. I had tried pants on at target, old navy and even ross and nothing had been fitting me at all, so I did not have high hopes for Motherhood. Wow, I just couldn't have been more pleased!

And hello, why can't I wear these maternity jeans all the time? SO comfortable. Love!!

The sales girl was so sweet too. She was so curious to see how far I am since I have no bump... she was definitely surprised I was 18 weeks. But she said, as others have, that the bump will probably show up all of a sudden....now I'm prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment