Saturday, July 2, 2011

16 Weeks!

My 16 week appointment was rather uneventful. Since I'd had an ultrasound at every prior appointment, I was full expecting to see our growing baby that afternoon. Instead, it was just a quick check-in and a listen to baby's heartbeat. I was a tad disappointed, as I had been hoping for an early gender reveal. No such luck. The nurse practitioner informed me that she has a horrible success rate with early gender predictions, so she wasn't going to roll in the machine to appease me.

I tried not to leave too disappointed. The heartbeat was found instantly and came in at a steady 156. After the appointment I scheduled the anatomy scan which will include the gender reveal for July 18th. I do not know if we can wait that long!

I have been feeling the baby move more and more. Just flutters, but they are becoming more noticeable and consistent! Last weekend B did the grocery shopping for me. I sent him with a few requests and coupons. There was a great deal on hummus, so I sent him with the coupon. After he delivered the goods, he told me it had taken him quite a while to locate the hummus at the store (B isn't really a hummus guy). A few days later I was indulging in carrot sticks and hummus when I felt the baby move for the first time. I texted B at work, "Baby either loves or hates hummus, but either way I just felt it move!!"

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of an avacado
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 8lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my normal clothes!
Gender: Can't wait to find out!
Movement: Felt some flutters last week and have feeling them more consistently!
Sleep: Lot's of tossing and turning!
What I miss: sleeping on my tummy, coffee (I've given up all caffeine)
Cravings: Mexican food (especially refried beans), deli sandwiches
Symptons: feeling really good, just more tired than usual
Best Moment this week: feeling baby move!

No comments:

Post a Comment