Wednesday, April 4, 2012

13 Weeks!

How Far Along: 13 whole weeks

Size of Baby as Relative to Common Household Fruit or Vegetable: A shrimp? I prefer the fruit comparisons to seafood

Total Weight Gain: 5lbs gained.

Movement: I'm pretty sure I felt the baby turn this week. I felt the bulge and felt it move. No kick like feelings yet.

Sleep: slept well this week!

What I miss: It rained all week so I was missing my warm cup of jo. I had about two cups of coffee during my last pregnancy, and this week I gave in again and had it twice in the mornings. I know it's considered "ok" but I still only drank half the cup...

Cravings: ceasar salads like crazy. I found a good store bought dressing and have been going through it like crazy this past week or so.

Symptoms: My jeans are definitely getting tight, but my maternity jeans are falling off so I'm at that point where nothing fits right. Other than a growing belly, no new symptoms.

Best moment of the week: I had a regular OB appointment this week before my cerclage procedure. I wasn't sure if I'd get an ultrasound, but they wheeled it in. As she was squirting the gel on my belly, I told the Dr. that this baby was a lot less active than Bremy had been. At 12 weeks, it was hard for the Dr. to even keep her in view on the u/s screen because she was moving everywhere. I'd seen this baby at 11 and 12 weeks and it hardly moved at all, just a wave and a little wiggle. Seconds after I finished my sentence, this baby did a complete sommersault, waved and then flipped around. We both laughed and I looked at my belly and said, "Ok sorry, you are just as active as your sister. I guess you are showing off now!" it was a really cute moment. The Dr. let me stare for a long time, which was nice. After baby was done flipping around, it returned to it's original position. The Dr. and I looked at each other and both said, "it looks like it's praying?" and it did. Baby's legs were tucked under it's body, arms were bent, hands under chin and head dipped down. The outline looked exactly like one of those precious moments figurines. I tried not to get emotional, but it was just the sweetest thing. My Dr. quickly tried to get a snapshot of the pose, but it didn't come out as clear in the photo as it had on screen. I'm praying too, baby!

Worst moment of the week: my cerclage was this week, and it really wasn't bad, but of course I could have done without the terror of the whole thing. I had the procedure done on the labor and delivery floor, exactly where I had delivered my Bremy girl. It was surreal being back there, but I had so much adrenaline pumping prior to the procedure that being emotional was the furthest thing from my mind. I didn't see any of my nurses, which was good. The procedure went very well, and I got great care from the staff there. I'll write a separate post about the cerclage itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment