Monday, May 28, 2012

21 Weeks


How Far Along: 21
Size of Baby as Relative to Common Household Fruit or Vegetable: Baby is the length of a carrot about 10 1/2 inches head to heel
Weight Gain: 14 freaking pounds. I could not believe the scale. I only get weighed once a month when I see my regular OB. I am pretty upset, but know that I need to do a better job of watching my diet. I haven't been as strict on my gestational diabetes meal plan as I was last time, and it's showing! My sugars have still been really good, so that's how I'm rationalizing the strawberry shortcake and ice cream at night. bad. bad. 
Gender: BABY GIRL!!!!!


Movement: Much more movement this week. I feel her mostly at night as I go to sleep and sometimes early in the morning. I'm finally feeling actual kicks. 
SleepSleeping pretty good, still up at least twice a night for the bathroom. 
What I miss: I'm not going to say I miss exercise, because "miss" would be too strong of a word, but I do feel pretty out of shape. 
Cravings: loving strawberries this week and chocolate pudding. 


Symptoms: pretty tired this week. Took a couple mid day naps which is a rarity for me. 
Best moment of the weekKnowing my cervix is cooperating so far. Huge relief. 
Worst moment of the week: Again, just so much anxiety. 
It's another count down to my Dr. visit on Friday!!

1 comment: