Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Shower for Our Baby Girl


My shower was a lot of fun. I thought it was gorgeous. It takes a lot for me to be impressed with party details, etc--but I was blown away. I know my friends worked their buns off getting things together for this special day, and it meant the world to me. From the antique drinking glasses from my friend's grandmother, to the burlap runners and the fabric garland-it couldn't have been more "me". Even the flowers were perfect. Hydrangeas are my very favorite flower. Like I mentioned before we struck out in the weather department. It had been beautiful the weekend before and the day of my shower it hit triple digits. Not cool, but we had a beautiful indoor party with the A/C blowing on this melting mama. 


Still can't get over the gorgeous glasses. They made the tables shine!
I had to take pictures myself and spent too long on the wrong lens. I got too many detail shots. But this table was gorgeous. It was flanked with a gorgeous garland. The bird cake stand was gorgeous and made the favors shine. On the other end was an antique trunk full of favors as well. The popcorn inside the mason jars was homemade and perfectly pink! I loved this idea. And of course the perfectly girly cake.

I loved the fabric and the ribbons, and especially loved the tags. I know how long all this kind of stuff takes to do, and I don't know when my busy friends found the time. My heart was very full that day!

The mimosa bar was a HUGE hit and I just loved how cute they made it. I mean, look at the pitchers that totally echo the glasses on the tables? And the little labels and ribbons and sparkles..... My detail-loving self was very impressed!
The centerpieces were anchored with gorgeous silver pitchers and servers, along with smaller bud vases 




The fabric garland was my personal favorite, and it will find a permanent home in our nursery. It just set the tone so well, without being too "baby". I love every fabric they chose and will cherish it for years to come!
These were my two hostesses. They've done so, so much for us lately and the shower was above and beyond. Love them!



The food was amazing, but that was not surprising. My mom, hostess, N and a couple others pitched in and created quite the feast. Sausage cups and a cheese plate were served as starters and then we munched on a beautiful lunch of turkey sandwiches on Panera's sun dried tomato bread, Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, Chinese chicken salad, potato salad, pasta salad, ambrosia salad and spinach strawberry salad with homemade poppyseed dressing. Yes--that is a lot of food, but that's how it's done in my world of family and friends. 



My mom's chicken salad sandwiches were a huge hit and I highly recommend the recipe. You can find it here. Yum!


A beautiful diaper cake, made by hostess, S. wrapped in beautiful swaddlers and full of baby goodies!
My favorite picture of the tables. So pretty!
Gotta have girly waterbottles for a baby shower!

B's cousin, A who was my bridesmaid and is really like a sister to us, made this adorable chevron quilt in baby girl's nursery colors. It's perfect. She is so talented!

Baby girl was beyond spoiled with wonderful gifts. I'd really thought that we'd just get clothes, but boy was I wrong. While we scored some gorgeous outfits, many of the gifts were so thoughtful and so useful. I forget that most of my friends here are moms and know what's up! We are totally set!
We had about 30 people for the shower. Here I am with my mom, my fabulous hostesses and my bestie and her mom. I had friends come all the way from LA to celebrate baby girl with us. My heart was overflowing the whole day. It went by so fast and I definitely didn't get as much time with everyone as I would have liked.  But it was wonderful and I will never, ever forget it! The nursery is a war zone but I'm slowly getting things in order. I haven't done much for decorating. It's difficult when you can't shop and don't want to spend a ton of money. I've got to get creative! I'm having a blast looking through all the gifts and putting all of her clothes away!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely shower! And you look great in bold pink - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely shower! And you look great in bold pink - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete