Monday, October 13, 2008

Blushing Bride

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and many blogs are paying tribute by posting lovely pink wedding details. I saw this Maggie Sottero on something blue blog and fell in LOVE with it's blush pink hue. I've been toying with the idea of a champagne colored dress--something other than ivory. But, when I saw this, I started to think about my complexion and couldn't help but think that this dusty pink may be just right. I think the other-than-white color really gives the fabric a certain lushness and really adds a sense of romance.
I wonder if there is anywhere to try on a pink gown? I'd want to see it. Also, I'm very, very seriously considering ordering my gown from China. I haven't budgeted much for my dress, and I'd much rather put money towards food and music. If anyone has any experience with ordering direct from China I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. I love that first photo and totally agree about the colour adding a sense of romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the blush pink! Wow, you're not one to shy away from a challenging year hey? Best of luck and I'll be back to read/view more of your beautiful posts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a champagne dress and couldn't have been happier with it. Am I sounding like a broken record from the hair post? Kelly

    ReplyDelete