Monday, September 15, 2008

Sew Inviting

I am in love with the homemade look of a calligraphied invitation. But if I do something so simple and elegant, I'll want to give it some rustic flavor via packaging. I loved this idea found via Sundrenched Moments. Bird and Banner
Photo: Junkdrawer via Fairmount Bride

These little sewn pockets are seriously adorable. My first thought: grandma! She has shelves upon shelves of scrap fabric that could potentially make some pretty adorable invite sleeves. The other option would be a burlap or a jute to give a more neutral/organic feel. After chatting with Kate, I'm getting excited about the idea of adding a textured fabric (aka jute) as a recurring design element.
I also love the idea of creating a booklet. So beautiful with the ribbon closures!
Love how the calligraphy is made rustic with the emblem.

Images via Rebecca Thuss

No comments:

Post a Comment