Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Colors

I have been wrestling with a color palette since day one. I can't make up my mind and am seriously considering not having a particular color palette. I've been thinking of berry colors (from pale pink to mauve to actual purples and raspberries) with accents of browns (from the structure of the barn), ivories (candles, florals, cake and linens) and greens (eucalyptus, greenery, grass of the property). This morning I stopped by Once Wed and saw that once again, Emily had chosen gorgeous photos that seemed to be just for me! These are the colors I want to see at our wedding!

12 comments:

  1. Colors are hard. And they shouldn't be though right? I say go with your gut, and i love the example you have. Those "berry" colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snippet and ink has a purple board today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! the gold candle luminaries create a lovely glow... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day I gave up on a "color pallette" was the best day for my wedding planning, IMO. I did know basic things, like no white, because my dress was ivory, and not silver because the accent color for everything was gold, but other than that, if someone asked me a question I was able to give a yes or no based on the individual situation rather than thinking "But it isn't red, yellow, or blue, which are my colors?!?!?!"

    No color palette! No color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the berries, with your "hints" of wood, ivory, greens & browns. LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Now I'm totally lusting after the berry shades again...as comfortable as I feel with my blues and champagne, this vision of shades of purple and blue and fuschia and champagne keeps running through my brain. These photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously considered doing this color scheme!! It's soo romantic, unique, breathtaking.. *Sigh*
    But since I was little, I've had my heart stuck on Red and Ivory, and I just couldn't give it up!! I'm happy with the choice I made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love LOVE the little candles hanging from the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of you when I saw this post today...

    http://zinkedesign.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/rose-dust-and-fuchsia/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the berry color idea! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete