Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Weight

image: Mike Earthy via Peonies and Polaroids

I don't want to go on forever about how much I've been struggling with my weight lately. I'll just say that since the bar (last week of July) I've gained. And I'm struggling. I just joined Weight Watchers online. Total whim. I really don't have the money for it, but something has gotta give and I think the per month fee is worth it.

I called B at work and told him all about it. He was so encouraging and said he really wants to do it too. This is really horrible to say but we saw some engagement pics recently of a couple we barely know. They are both significantly overweight and the photos, while beautiful, were awkward. I think it finally hit both of us. We have to get healthy! I think B looks great, but I've seen pictures of him in better shape and I know he aspires to get back to where he was about five years ago.

I've been incredibly motivated by Cyd from The Sweetest Occasion. She looks absolutely amazing and is continuing with her journey toward a healthy body. Her pictures blow me away and her commitment is out of control. I also know there are several bloggers out there who are succeeding on WW. I just saw that Abbie has lost another 2 ell-bees! So awesome! I can't wait to post about an actual loss!

Ok. Deep breaths. I know I can get a grip on this. I didn't think it'd be this hard, but so be it. Ready. Set!

11 comments:

  1. Way to go, girl! Woo-hoo! I have been on WW since July and have lost 13.6 ell-bees. You will be fine, and it's easier than you think. The beginning will be a bit different, but then it will turn into habit. You will do amazingly. If you don't already, check out my blog on Wednesdays for recipes. Blue-Eyed Bride and Make Mine a Mojito post recipes, too. Yay for you... the terrific thing is WW is not a diet-- it's a lifestyle change, so you'll keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really post about it, but I've been on WW on-line just over a year (I joined in August '07). I've lost about 15 lbs, I think. I'm about 3 lbs away from my goal. I know that in theory you can lose 1-2 lbs/week, but I haven't been able to do that! Still, not too shabby! I had lost about 10 lbs over the year-and-a-half prior to joining WW, but was finding it hard. Since joining, I feel like I have a better understanding of portion control and healthy habits. It really is a lifestyle change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies! I've heard great things and am really enjoying exploring the site. I'll definitely keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried WW, but I have heard SO many good things about the program. Sometimes the best decision we make are those that are on a whim!

    Unfortunately, sometimes the process is not easy nor as fast as we'd like and that can be so tough to deal with. I understand that feeling of slipping and setbacks. Personally, I consider them victories in a way. Every time I gain 5 back and then keep pushing forward to eventually have gotten where I am, I am learning - new habits, new changes, a new lifestyle and the fact that yes, I can do this, and yes, I will do this. I think that is what will allow me to maintain my weight when I finally hit goal. At any rate, for me I feel grateful it has happened this way even though I often get impatient and would like it to have been finished like this time three years ago. Definitely keep us posted on how WW works out for you! Maybe it'll be the ticket to help me banish these resistant last 25 - 30lbs I'm working on over here.

    I am really so happy if I've been able to be an inspiration in any way. That in turn inspires me to keep going and to keep sharing. I have all the faith in the world that you and B will end up where you want to be, especially because you have the support and encouragement of each other.

    Best of luck and don't hesitate to hit me up with an email if you ever want to chat more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this!!! Keep up the good work and let us know your progress...you will be posting about an actual loss before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do this! Just remember some times you do take one step back to take 3 steps forward, but progress is progress. And 1lb is hard, let alone trying to do more. so focus on one LB at a time. I'm trying to do it this way too. One meal, one gym session, one moment at a time... We can do this!

    PS. I ordered "shred" per Cyd's recommendations and can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go amy!!! I KNOW you can do this! And the best part is time is in your favor! That's amazing....

    ps - this picture is absolutely hilarious btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha that picture is funny! You can do it, you definitely have the desire and the motivation! Let us know how it goes, we are all cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good look to you. I too am trying to loose weight. 50 pounds to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thank you all so much for the cheers! I'm loving WW so far!

    Krista-congrats on being so close to your goal. That must feel awesome!

    Cyd-you are right about the setbacks turning into victories. I'm so glad I caught myself before I gained all that weight back. It's pretty frustrating that I let myself go this far, but losing weight is so much of a mental thing, and for some reason my head hasn't been in it until now.

    Honestly, thank you all for your support! I can't wait to fill you in next tues!

    ReplyDelete