Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Good Life

I'm so happy to be done with school. I've had some minor anxiety about the bar, but for the most part I've been enjoying life for the past three months. I love being able to work, come home, make dinner, play with the dog, and basically do what I want without constantly feeling as though I need to study. B and I are able to have entire weekends together! No running off to the library or ending a movie early so I could get back to my work. I can't describe how nice it feels. image

Today we took our time grocery shopping for the week. I walked with Mav and looked up new recipes on Food network. We each did our chores around the house and in the yard and I made paninis for dinner. B went to bed pretty early so I got caught up on all of the laundry that needed folding.

I feel very fortunate that B helps out with almost all of the cooking and cleaning in some capacity. But he never folds the laundry. He claims he doesn't know how. For the most part I find it relaxing to put a movie on while I put his work pants together and stack our towels. It can be overwhelming, since it's generally a task I save for one day a week, but luckily our guest room serves as our second laundry room as well.

Last week I came home from a dinner meeting to find my jeans stacked strangely on the kitchen table. I stopped in my tracks, trying to remember if I had left them there. Then I saw his pants nearby, folded the same way. "You folded the laundry?!" I screamed! Maverick was nearby, "Did you do this?" I asked him (yes, I talk to him as though he can talk back), "because surely B couldn't have folded laundry!" I heard B laugh from the other room. "I tried!" he said. Of course I ran in the room and attacked him with thank you kisses. I love when he does stuff out of nowhere. Alas, he hasn't tried again, and tonight the loads of darks were left to me. I never thought I'd enjoy doing laundry on a Saturday night, but somehow it was the perfect end to a very good day.

4 comments:

  1. I completely know what you mean regarding the feeling of being out of school. I felt the same way after I graduated for the last time. I even celebrated after my last class ever!!!

    As for the laundry, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who spends her weekends folding the finace's clothes. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very nice.

    As for the all-clad, just an fyi, if you have a Crate and Barrel outlet in your area, we got some there (even things that we hadn't ever seen before) at a good discount and then returned some of the ones we got as gifts to use the credit for other things we didn't get. Just a thought. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne-I did an exorbinate amount of laundry this weekend...hopefully next weekend will be folding-free! Hope you had a good one.

    Kelly-thank you SO much for that tip. I just looked it up and there is one about an hour from us. I am SO going to do this! Great info. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Bryan's way of doing laundry pre-me moving in was to wash the clothes, dry the clothes, and then each morning walk to the dryer to pull out what he needed... I always wondered why his clothes were so wrinkly... :)

    ReplyDelete